Call for Abstracts Now Open
Share your latest research by presenting at AVS11.
The AVS Meeting provides a collegial forum to encourage the participation of established as well as early career researchers to promote, exchange and discuss the latest advancements in all aspects of virology. The Scientific committee is aiming to create a program that addresses the diversity of research topics that attract a broad discipline of delegates. The Scientific Committee is delighted to invite you to submit an abstract for AVS11.
- Authors must submit a separate abstract for each presentation put forward for consideration
- Abstracts must be received no later than midnight AEST Wednesday 15 September 2021
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically via the presentation portal
- Abstracts must be no longer than 300 words
- Notification of acceptance will be provided by 7 October 2021
- The abstract should educate the reader by clearly stating the originality of the work and its specific conclusions. It is NOT appropriate to state: “The results will be discussed.” All abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee but will not be edited. Carefully proofread your abstract for errors.
- Presenting author must be registered for the Meeting in order for their abstract to be reviewed. You can register here. You can become an AVS member here.
A note to New Zealand authors. We encourage you to submit an abstract for consideration even if it looks unlikely you will be able to travel to Australia in December due to COVID. If your abstract is accepted and you are unable to travel, we may be able to arrange for you to present ‘virtually’.
Topics can include, but are not restricted to:
- Animal and wildlife viruses
- Antivirals and vaccines
- Clinical Virology
- Indigenous Virology
- Innate immunity and viral immunology
- Systems virology and viromes
- Unusual viruses, Phages and plant viruses
- Viral epidemiology and diagnostics
- Viral host interactions
- Viral replication
- Virus structure, receptors and assembly
Display Times: Posters will be on display at the Meeting on Tuesday 7 December; through till Thursday 9 December. Presenters need to bring their printed poster in A0 size to the Registration Desk, where they will be directed to their allocated poster board. Presenters need to adhere the poster to the poster board by 4.30pm on Monday 6 December and retrieve their poster at afternoon tea on Thursday 9 December.
Poster Size: All poster authors are requested to prepare their posters in an A0 format (1189mm high x 841mm wide). Please prepare your poster in PORTRAIT FORMAT. See below for layout
Affixing Your Poster: We will be using display boards that will require either velcro dots or pins. We will have a limited supply on site of each.
POSTER PRESENTATIONS Submissions should relate to the themes and authors should select the category ‘poster presentation’ when submitting their abstract. Abstracts submitted for oral presentations that have not been accepted may be invited to provide a poster presentation.