Strong commitment towards promoting gender equity and diversity including indigenous Australians and Maori
Initiatives to promote members with young children to attend AVS meetings
Affiliation with the Australian Society for Medical Research, which represents health and medical research societies in Australia
Making representations to the International Committee on the Taxonomy of Viruses
- Interact with peers via the growing Twitter community: followed by journalists and media
- Stay connected with a unique society building links among virologists globally
Members receive a minimum 15% discount to the following prominent journals: (Viruses, Retrovirology and the Journal of General Virology)
Virology Lab head profile on the AVS website
Take advantage of your membership to gain access to AVS Awards including the Rising Star Award, ECR, Student and Indigenous Awards
Access reduced registration fees to attend AVS education opportunities, including the biennial meeting – the premier meeting for virologists in Australasia
- An opportunity to attend mentoring and training sessions at AVS meetings
- Exclusive access to AVS symposia talks
- Access to industry job listings, virology, and education resources via the society website
- Free membership for students if your supervisor is an AVS member, otherwise discounted rates are available (half of a full membership)
- Discounted membership for members retired from work force (half of a full membership)
- Intermission of membership available at discounted rate because of unemployment or temporary absence from workforce
- AVS membership entitles you to voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
If you have any questions relating to your AVS membership please contact Natalie.Prow@unisa.edu.au
NOTE: Period of Membership: 1/11/2020 – 1/11/2022. You will be asked to renew your membership at the end of each AVS financial year (every 24 months).
All prices are inclusive of GST (Excluding Overseas Memberships)
|Type of Membership||Price (AUD/NZD)|
|Student Membership 1
(Supervisor is not an Existing Member)
|Student Membership 2
(Supervisor is an Existing Member)
|LMIC Researcher Membership*
Please note: By signing up for membership of AVS, you agree to support the purposes of the society and to abide by its rules. Your rights and obligations as a member of the society are outlined in the AVS’s current rules (Constitution)
All new members will be sent their login details to access the below Members Only Portal.
In this portal you will be able to access upcoming, new and important information as an AVS Member.
If you are having trouble accessing the below link, and are an existing AVS Member then please contact Brogan at Leishman Associates – firstname.lastname@example.org
AVS Symposium 2020 Content
You can access the content for the 2020 Virtual AVS Symposium by clicking the button below. You must be registered for the Symposium to access this content so please ensure you have registered to receive your login details. You can REGISTER HERE.